Nashville Modification of Orders Attorney

Nashville Modification of Orders Attorney

Experienced Order Modification Lawyers Are Here to Help in Cheatham County, Davidson County, Montgomery County, Sumner County, Robertson County, Williamson County, Wilson County, and Throughout Middle Tennessee

Undergoing a divorce or relocation is one of the most difficult and life-altering experiences that many people face. You can never predict what life will be like – for you, your children, other loved ones, or even your job and physical, financial, and emotional well-being – after divorce. You can, for example, face extenuating circumstances that slowly and gradually develop over time. As such, the original terms of a post-marriage divorce decree may require an update. Tennessee law provides state residents with legal recourse for pursuing such modifications based on new developments. If such developments apply to you and you require assistance or guidance related to the modification of child support, child custody, or spousal support orders issued by the court, Brighter DaySM Law’s skilled order modification lawyers can help. Contact us today to schedule a case evaluation.

Brighter Day

The three primary categories under which modification orders can be sought are as follows.

Child Support: Child support payments are determined in part by the income, employment situation, family status, dependents, and other factors that affect the ability of a non-custodial parent to make payments to a custodial parent. The needs of the children (such as extraordinary medical expenses), how much time each parent spends with their children, and how much they contribute to their children’s needs are also included in the equation. These factors invariably change over time, meaning a change in the amount of a recurring child support payment can also warrant a change.

Child Custody or Relocation: Child custody and shared parenting plans are designed around the domicile and employment of the parents and the needs and potentially the preferences of the children. Summertime and travel plans and changes in the home of one parent (such as one parent getting a job in another state) can all affect visitation and shared custody schedules which our order modification lawyers can help.

Alimony/Spousal Support: Many of the same circumstances and issues that can lead to a child support modification request can be grounds for filing a spousal support order modification. If your ex is remarrying, landed a new, higher-paying job, or your financial situation changed for any reason, you can file an alimony modification request, both as the payer of alimony and as a recipient of spousal support.

Get Advice From An Experienced Family Law Attorney in Tennessee. All You Have To Do Is Call 615-437-8808 or Fill Out Our Case Evaluation Form.

Our Dedicated Order Modification Lawyers Can Help You with Relocation, or other Unique Situations that Warrant a Modification

Irrespective of the grounds on which you want to file a request for order modification, our Nashville modification of orders attorney is here to help. Common examples of situations that can warrant a request to modify orders include:

  • The relocation of either parent. Keep in mind that, in most cases, relocating over 50 miles from the other parent requires notice be sent and court approval since it can affect custody, support, and visitation schedules.
  • Significant changes in either parent’s income, usually on the order of 15% or more.
  • Serious health complications, illnesses, treatments, or disabilities – of either the parents or the child.
  • Domestic abuse, violence, addiction, or incarceration of either parent.
  • Either parent remarries or has new dependents.
  • The child identified in the original order dies.

Contact Us Today At 615-437-8808 To Get Quality Legal Representation For Your Family Matter in Tennessee.

Questions to Discuss with Our Nashville Modification of Orders Attorney

Some of the more common questions our order modifications lawyer will discuss with you before formally submitting an order modification request to the court are as follows:

  • What must I do if I need to relocate over 50 miles away?
  • Are you looking to change the custodial parent (the primary residential parent) or just want to adjust how much parenting time and/or shared custody you have?
  • Is mediation required for your case? Can you file a petition without first seeking mediation?
  • Is the change of circumstances for which you are requesting a modification of orders legally adequate for the change you want to make?
  • Are you time-bound in any way as far as when the proposed or desired changes need to come into effect?
  • Will any of the changes (such as changes in alimony) affect other orders (such as child support payments)?
  • How is the emotional and physical health of the child, and how are their grades?

Your answers to these questions will help our Nashville modification of orders attorney determine what kinds of evidence are needed to support your request for order modification and prepare your case with respect to the rules and laws that apply to your unique circumstances.

Contact Brighter Day

At Brighter DaySM Law, our order modification lawyers have years of experience assisting clients throughout the state with the legal guidance, compassion, and assistance they need when dealing with complex family law cases. This includes modifications of orders. Based on changes in your circumstances and the laws and provisions granted to you by the state, we can handle every aspect of your request for modification, and we will work to expedite and ensure a favorable outcome for you. Contact our offices today to schedule a case evaluation with our Nashville modification of orders attorney.

Frequently Asked Questions

When can I modify a custody, child support, or alimony order?

There is no fixed or designated time frame after a divorce within which an order modification request can be submitted. These requests are filed based on certain changes in circumstances that can warrant a court-approved change to or update of older orders. However, often it is important to file quickly after circumstances change, to protect your rights.  As long as you have such grounds, you can gather the evidence needed to substantiate your claims and devise a new custody, child support, or alimony plan with your ex and have that ratified by the court or enforced by the court if such an agreement cannot be reached amicably.

When should I resort to an order modification?

Many couples use external mediation and informal agreements to resolve issues pertaining to child custody, child support, and alimony. You can devise a new parenting plan with your ex and submit it to the court for approval. If an agreement cannot be reached, however, you can file a formal petition with the court to have your orders modified. You must submit all the relevant proof and evidence to show how and why a modification of orders is warranted. Our Brighter DaySM Law modification of orders attorney will help with this process.

© 2024 Brighter Day Law Firm. All Rights Reserved.Disclaimer.Site Map.
metricool pixel